Robotics and AI hold great promise to help solve the challenges related to sustainability, while there is at the same time the possibility that they outbalance the positive impact they aim to achieve. It is up to the AI and Robotics community to shape their role on how to help address sustainability and strive for a positive impact only.
This first webinar focuses on
- How AI and Robotics can help to address the challenges of sustainability.
- Why the AI and Robotics community should consider sustainability as an integrated part of their work.
- What the challenges are for academia and industry in AI and Robotics to balance the positive and negative contributions towards sustainability.
Let’s get started!
Moderation: Michel van der Schoor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 5 min – Why did we initiate this series, who is behind it by Carl Mörch (FARI)
- 20 min – Keynote: Fiachra O’Brolchain
- 10 min – Questions by the audience
- 45 min – Discussion “Sustainability Challenges from Industry to Academia” | Moderation by Michel Joop van der Schoor based on questions from the audience
- With: Karl Schulz (Angsa Robotics)
- Franziska Kirstein (Blue Ocean Robotics)
- Tamas Haiddeger (Obuda University)
- Patrick Courtney (DroneMatLabs/King’s College London)
- Fiachra O’Brolchain (DCU)
- 10 min – Closing & announcement of next session(s), input/feedback from audience