Call for participation
Topics of interest
Submissions should be about works regarding, among others, the following topics (in relation to one or more SDGs):
- Development/deployment of robotic systems towards one or several of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs)
- Measurement or analysis of the positive or negative impact of robotic systems towards one or several of the UN SDGs.
- Insights or critical contributions about the use of UN SDGs as a framework to guide the development of robotics.
As a reminder, here are the 17 SDGs:
Early submissions should be abstract only. Accepted authors will be invited to submit a full paper (max 6 pages) by mid-July.
The late submissions can go from a 1 page extended abstract to a 4-page-long contribution (references and additional material excluded).
They do not need to be anonymized, but they can be (for the peer review) if desired by the authors.
All submissions should be in pdf format. We strongly encourage you to use the IEEE IROS 2021 LaTeX or Word templates. We will NOT accept any other format, for example .docx or .txt documents.
All submissions should be sent to email@example.com.
– Abstract (1 page) submission deadline: June 20th, 2021
– Notification of acceptance: June 22th, 2021
– Upload of camera ready abstract to PaperPlaza: June 25th, 2021
– Optional full paper (max 6 pages) submission: July 29th, 2021 (TBC)
Late and brief contributions:
– Submission deadline (max 4 pages): September 3rd, 2021
– Notification of acceptance of late submissions: September 10th, 2021
– Final contributions submission: September 17th, 2021
Workshop date: September 27th – October 1st, 2021
The authors of the accepted contributions will have the opportunity to present an e-poster at the workshop. This implies that at least one of the authors is registered to the IROS 2021 workshops.
Selected contributors will be invited to extend their submissions to a full article to be published as an edited book chapter or special issue article in a prestigious peer reviewed journal.